Kimmy's Tips

Making shopping trips go more smoothly.

I was at Walmart today and I was behind a sweet woman with her kids. She was being a smart shopper, price matching and then using her coupons. I noticed that it wasn't going so smoothly. (partially because the cashier wasn't that experienced) I noticed that this woman had groups of coupons in clear food storage bags in a box. The ones she wanted to use at the store she put in a bag separate from the rest. Smart...But when It came time to hand the cashier her coupons she had to dig out the ones she was going to use verses the ones she wasn't.

This Sweet lady kept apologizing to me. I told her not to worry. I understand completely! I wrote down my blog address on her notebook and asked her to check out this blog to help her. She seemed very thankful.

There are ways to help making shopping with coupons go smoothly.

The Binder
This method is my favorite. I can see every coupon I have and it makes things so much faster. I can also just take my binder with me to the store and have it laid out for me, very convenient.

If I find a good deal I won’t miss out because I have all my coupons with me. I have many sections in the binder:

•Beverages
•Cereals
•Desserts
•Snacks
•Canned/Other Foods
•Frozen Foods
•Drugs
•Toiletries
•Paper Goods
•Cleaning Products
Etc. you get the idea.

I use baseball card holders to slip the coupons into.

I also have a section for my rain checks.

The front of the binder I have a pouch for a pen,calculator and scissors. I also have in the front a section for the grocery adds.






When I do take my binder to the store with me I keep all the coupons I'm pulling out in an envelope that I can just hand to the cashier. If I'm not taking the binder I pull the one's I'm taking in an envelope to the store with me. If I end up not using some of those coupons that I brought I make sure I take them out before I get to the register. You want to make everything smooth for you, the cashier and the people behind you.

Check your expiration dates in your binder. I do this every Sunday when I am clipping and sorting them. Doesn't take up that much time. You will get faster with this method.

Well good luck and let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment