The Rules

Clipping does take time, but don't sweat it. Once you get your system down it will be a piece of cake. If you don't have a stock pile of coupons already and are just starting out, You won't see a whole lot of savings right off the bat. Give it time, about 2-4 weeks.

How To Use Your Coupons

1. Try to buy items that are on sale, not when you need them.
  • Why? Well when you match coupons with sale items you maximize your savings.
  • The reason for having muliples of one coupon is so you can purchase in bulk for future needs.-->Example= the store is having a 10 for $10 sale on cereal. The cereal is a $1.00. You have 5 coupons for a $1.00 off cereal. So you can get 5 boxes of cereal for FREE!
  • You don't need to buy 10 items on these sales.

2. Multiply your savings.

  • Use two coupons on buy one get one free's (BOGO). Use one coupon on the item your buying and the item your getting for free and some times you'll get the item your buying for free as well!--->Example= Popcorn is on sale for BOGO. The popcorn costs $1.00. You have two coupon for .50 off Popcorn. This makes the Popcorn your buying FREE!
  • Some store, in store coupons will let you use a manufactures coupon with it. This helps double your savings.

3. Build your food storage. Or Stockpiling

  • What you'll be doing is stockpiling those items on sale, especially those items you use a lot of. This doesn't mean go hog wild. If there is a crazy deal on chili where you can get it for .25 each with a coupon, does it mean you should stockpile just because it's a great deal? NO. If this item is something your family doesn't usually purchase I would pass. Or you can give those coupons to a family you know that does like the item.
  • Stores usually run sale trends. You will notice items on sale again in about 3 months. Rule of thumb, Stockpile on what you usually use. This will help rotate your food storage and keep things from expiring. Planing weekly menu's around your stockpile will help.
  • Remember we live off what we buy, we're not food hoarders.

4. Pantry Shopping vs. Panic Shopping

  • Your pantry is your daily grocery store. You should create your menu's from what your pantry has in stock. This will keep you from panic shopping and buying items at full shelf price.

5. Learn your stores coupon policies

  • You can ask when your at the store next time our give them a quick call.

6. Always get a raincheck!!

  • Because a lot of woman are into the coupon craze, you'll notice a lot of the sale items will be gone off the shelves. Go to the customer service desk and ask for a rain check. A raincheck is a promise from the store that when the item is restocked they will sell it to you for the price on the raincheck. You can still use your coupons on a raincheck. you'll have 30 days to use it and are guaranteed that sale price when they stock their shelves again.
  • At Smiths you can get a rain check at the register.

7. Let down your hair

  • What do I mean? Try not to be brand loyal. I have found that I like other shampoo's or Deodorants from matching a coupon to a sale. Try knew things.

8. Never Use A Coupon Because You have one.

  • Just because you get a great coupon on Sunday doesn't mean you should use it on Monday. Wait until the item goes on sale.

9. Price match if you can

  • A new store opened in Provo, Buy Low. They have amazing deals. I'm definalty not driving to provo so I'll go around the corner to Wal-mart and price match.

10. Clip Coupons which you think you might not use

  • Huh? I have kicked myself so many times for not keeping a certain coupon and realizing later that I could have used it. It really bugs me when that happens!

Bonus= Have Fun!

  • I don't make this hard for myself. I have fun finding deals. I get a kick out of it. Maybe I need more excitement in my life. I just love that I'm saving us money and that I actually shop from my pantry. Have fun and happy clipping!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment