Getting Organized

There are many ways you can organize your coupons. Do what is comfortable to you. Just because I like organizing mine a certain way doesn't mean you'll like it.

One way is to file the coupon inserts by date.

Card File Box
When I first started clipping coupons I used a small index card file box. As the amount of coupons I had grew I realized I needed another method.

The Binder
This method is my favorite. I can see every coupon I have and it makes things so much faster. I can also just take my binder with me to the store and had it laid out for me, very convenient.

If I find a good deal I won’t miss out because I have all my coupons with me. I have many sections in the binder:

•Beverages
•Cereals
•Desserts
•Snacks
•Canned/Other Foods
•Frozen Foods
•Drugs
•Toiletries
•Paper Goods
•Cleaning Products

I use baseball card holders to slip the coupons into.

The front of the binder I have a pouch for a pen,calculator and scissors. I also have in the front a section for the grocery adds.







When I do take my binder to the store with me I keep all the coupons I'm pulling out in an envelope that I can just hand to the cashier. If I'm not taking the binder I pull the one's I'm taking in an envelope to the store with me. If I end up not using some of those coupons that I brought I make sure I take them out and put them in my purse or something so I don't have to do it at the register. You want to make everything smooth for you, the cashier and the people behind you.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Do you feel weird or nerdy when you take your binder in? I'm starting to accumulate a lot of coupons and now I'm wondering if I should go for the binder but I think I would feel so strange bringing it into the store with me.

Also, most bloggers list insert coupons by their dates (i.e. SS 8/9), so wouldn't using a binder mess up being able to look stuff up by dates?

Kimmy said...

I was scared the first time I took my binder. But there are so many women that have their binders now that it's no big deal.

No, You will be able to see the coupon in your binder. for example if the blog says .50/2 (SS 8/9) You'll just look for that product that is .50/2. No biggie. I hope this helps.

I love the binder method, I like seeing everything I have and what is about to expire. I hope I have been helpful!

Post a Comment